Author: Monica Joann
The idea of creating an e-commerce website for a business or as a standalone business is very appealing. The internet can reach people around the world. It is possible to generate revenue without having to invest in the infrastructure of a traditional business. All that is needed is something to sell and a website to sell it from. It is even possible to set up an e-commerce website that does not require the website to actually store the products or to ship them to the people that buy them. The website is simply the middle man and another business deals with the actual physical inventory.
It really does not matter if a local business wants to use a website to sell more of its products or if it is looking to promote its local business. It also does not matter if a business wants to operate only online. There are plenty of examples of success for all of these goals. While there are examples of success, there are also plenty of examples of failures. If the website is not properly designed, it will not do what is needed. Building a successful website design requires certain things and without them, it could struggle to perform.
- Have a purpose – every website needs to have a reason for existing. If it is designed to sell products or if it is designed to promote a brand, the website designing should be towards that purpose.
- Know the attention span – Most people that visit any website will focus on a specific part of it as soon as they visit it. The web design should include something that stands out. A logo is one of the most eye-catching things to include on a website.
- Know the audience – If the website is for a local business in London, it may be best to turn to web design groups London to get the local touch that is needed. Otherwise it may be good idea to turn to the best web design agency that can be found to make sure that the design is able to target the people that will generate revenue for an e-commerce website.
These are the things that need to be thought about at the beginning of the web development process. As the website is being built, there are other things to consider.
- Make the site simple – Web designing can be very complex and there are many things that can be added to a website. It is better to keep the site simple and easy for the visitors to use. It goes back to the attention span of the visitors. If the site takes too long to digest the person will simply go to another website. The number of pages should be limited to keep navigation easy and fast.
- Include a way to contact – One of the things that all visitors want to be able to do with an e-commerce website is to contact the company. It may be for a question or for something else, but the methods to contact the website should be easy to find and easy to use. It will help build trust with the visitors.
- Include Links – Links at the top and the bottom of the page make it easy for visitors to navigate around. They should be clear and obvious because that is what people look for.
- SEO is a key – If you want people to visit a website, they have to be able to find it. SEO tools are the best way to improve the searchability of a website. SEO tools should be used carefully. There is a mix of tools that can work. Just using the SEO tools does not guarantee success. They have to be used properly. The best web design company in London says that most sites do not use SEO tools properly and actually hurt their website.
- Make it mobile – More people than ever before are accessing websites through mobile devices. It offers e-commerce businesses a way to reach people when they are on the go and are often times more likely to utilize what a website offers. Creating a website that works on mobile devices requires different coding and may be a little more limiting than a traditional design. While it may require the hiring of a website designing agency that specializes in this area, it is worth doing to reach a larger audience.
- Make the site responsive – Responsive websites are designed to work with whatever kind of device that a person is using to access the site. It will work with traditional laptop and desktop computers and it will also work with mobile devices. It optimizes itself for the user depending on what type of device is being used to access the website. This allows the owner of the site to create only one website that will work for everyone.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com